This tuna melt omelette serves 1 (or 2 if you have a side salad accompaniment)
For 1 serving, the following recipe contains 500kcal, 41g protein, 7g carbs, 34g fat (half these values if you serve 2 with this recipe)
Tuna salad ingredients:
60g can tuna
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 tbsp finely chopped celery
Lemon juice (optional to taste)
30ml semi skimmed milk
Salt and pepper
20g Red Leicester cheese
Then follow this method:
- Finely chop celery and onion
- Combine all tuna salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the omelette, in a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with fry light over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture and give it a good swirl so that they spread out thinly across the entire pan.
- Cook the omelette until the eggs are almost set and then sprinkle the cheese and tuna mix on the omelette
- Once the omelette is cooked and the cheese is melted, slide the omelette onto your plate
TIP: If you would prefer for your tuna salad to be cold then place the tuna mixture into the omelette and fold in half when the omelette is fully cooked and on your plate rather than when the omelette is in the pan
For the step by step video please follow along here: