Whilst the country adapts to new life of being in ‘lock down’ finding a routine, working from home and eating habits are hard to maintain. Here are some tips to help with your mindset through this uncertain time.
- Take ownership- This is happening whether you like it or not. The government aren’t lying to you or trying to trick you. Follow the NHS guidelines and help save thousands of lives. This isn’t about you or me, this is about community and a collective effort. We all need to do our part.
- DON’T play the victim- Don’t act like this is a huge hardship. Granted, it is for some, however the majority of us, who are young, healthy and financially covered, need to stop acting like everything is unfair. Step back and take some perspective- we are not being asked to fight in the trenches.
- Be adaptive- This is a constantly changing scenario which requires us to adapt to new problems on a daily basis. ‘If you can’t change it, don’t worry about it’. Take charge of what you can, like your own precautions and your daily routine, but be fluid and let all else play out for what it is. ‘Ride the wave’.
- Be productive- Make a to-do list every single evening ready for when you wake up the next day. Set an alarm, have a shower, don’t skip any meals and try to retain a routine similar to a normal working day. DO NOT wake up at 1pm and spend the rest of the day being unproductive.
- Check in with friends- A text doesn’t count. Have daily interactions with other people by phone call or FaceTime. Laugh. Love, banter and chat rubbish for you and your friends. Show support and let them know they are not alone.
In the meantime, listen to the above points and make sure you apply them to your daily life. If you need anything, although the studio is closed all trainers are here for you and happy to chat and help where we can.