So I got thinking whilst I was laying on the beach about holidays and people’s weight loss goals etc. People chugging beer after beer, some eating ice cream and then some people sticking to salads. We are all different and we all have our own personal goals regarding where we want to be. Plus gaining a little bit of weight whilst we are away isn’t the end of the world is it?
There are quite a few ways to help keep the weight off whilst. Here are a few things:
- Walk daily. Try and hit at least 15 000 steps. Go and take a look at the nearby shops, walk to the beach, go sightseeing. It’s All exercise without even thinking you are doing any.
- Keep hydrated with water and not just alcohol. Water aids weight loss you know. Helps flush out toxins, helps with our skin complexion and is certainly going to help with those holiday hangovers.
- Don’t scoff the whole plate just because you’ve paid for it. Stop eating your meal when you are no longer hungry and not when you are stuffed and get a bloated stomach. You don’t have to finish the plate as more than often the portion sizes are pretty huge and a lot bigger than what we’d eat at home. So to avoid over eating you are allowed to leave some food on your plate.
- Go for spirits with diet mixers than beer or cider. As soon as there’s soon the beer comes out. Very high in calories! so still enjoy your holibobs but with a switch of the drink.
- Enjoy your holiday!! How often do you get away? Once a year? Twice a year? Enjoy it! Who cares if you eat ice cream everyday… who cares if you put on a little weight. Soon as you go back to your normal activity and working life you can shift most of that in the first couple of weeks. A week away is not long enough for your body to start storing fat so don’t worry.
So enjoy yourself and have fun!!